Facilitates WordPress plugin and theme development.
One of the time-consuming part of developing WordPress plugins and themes is creating setting pages. As you more and more write plugins and themes, you’ll soon realize major part of code can be reused. Admin Page Framework aims to provide reusable code that eliminates the necessity of writing repeated code over and over again.
Admin Page Framework provides plugin and theme developers with easier means of building option pages. Extend the library class and pass your arrays that define the form elements to the predefined class methods. The library handles all the complex coding behind the scene and creates the pages and the forms for you.
- Top-level Page, Sub Pages, and In-page Tabs – where your users will access to operate your plugin or theme.
- Forms – to let your users store their options.
- Custom Post Types – and the custom columns in the post listing table.
- Custom Taxonomies and Fields – to store options associated with a taxonomy in the taxonomy definition page.
- Meta Boxes and Fields – which help to store meta data associated with posts of set post types. Also meta boxes can be added to the pages created with the framework.
- Widgets and Fields – to display modular outputs based on the user’s settings in the front end.
- Network Admin Pages and Forms – for WordPress multi-sites.
- Contact Form – receive emails of user feedback and issue reports sent via the contact form embedded in an admin page.
- Extensible – the created admin pages will become highly extensible with the automatically created hooks. In other words, it empowers other developers to customize your plugin or theme. That will result on making your projects grow.
- Section Tabs – form sections can be displayed in a tabbed box.
- Collapsible Sections – form sections can be collapsed and expanded.
- Repeatable Sections and Fields – dynamically add/remove form sections and fields.
- Sortable Fields – drag and drop fields to change the order.
- Import and Export Options – buttons that the user can import and export settings by uploading and downloading text files.
- Reset Button – lets the user to initialize the saved options.
- Validation and Error Messages – with the pre-defined validation callbacks, the user’s submitting form data can be verified. Furthermore, by setting the error array, you can display the error message to the user.
- Contextual Help Pane – help contents can be added to the contextual help pane that appears at the top right of each screen.
- Custom Field Types – your own field type can be registered. This allows you to design own fields such as a combination of a checkbox with a text field.
- Portable – use the framework as a library and include the minified version and your plugin or theme does not require an extra plugin to be installed. Therefore, your product will be perfectly portable.
Built-in Field Types
text– a normal field to enter text input.
password– a masked text input field.
textarea– a text input field with multiple lines. It supports TinyMCE rich text editor.
radio– a set of radio buttons that lets the user pick an option.
checkbox– a check box that lets the user enable/disable an item.
select– a drop-down list that lest the user pick one or more item(s) from a list.
hidden– a hidden field that will be useful to insert invisible values.
file– a file uploader that lets the user upload files.
image– a custom text field with the image uploader script that lets the user set an image URL.
media– a custom text field with the media uploader script that lets the user set a file URL.
color– a custom text field with the color picker script.
submit– a submit button that lets the user send the form.
export– a custom submit field that lets the user export the stored data.
import– a custom combination field of the file and the submit fields that let the user import data.
posttype– a set of check-lists of taxonomies enabled on the site in a tabbed box.
taxonomy– check-lists of taxonomies enabled on the site in a tabbed box.
size– a combination field of the text and the select fields that let the user set sizes with a selectable unit.
section_title– a text field type that will be placed in the section title so that it lets the user set the section title.
system– displays the site system information.
Bundled Custom Field Types
With custom field types, you can create more detailed customized field outputs. The demo component includes the following example custom field types.
ace– a rich code editor.
github– displays GitHub buttons.
If you want a field type that are not listed here, you can check the field type pack or request a new one in the forum.
Go to Dashboard -> Admin Page Framework -> About -> Getting Started.
Activate the demo pages to see the possible features of the framework. To activate it, go to Dashboard -> Admin Page Framework -> Add Ons -> Demo.
admin-page-framework.min.phpis in the library folder. Or you can get it from Dashboard -> Admin Page Framework -> Tool -> Minifier.
- Alternatively you may use
admin-page-framework.phplocated in the development folder. In that case, all the class files in the sub-folders need to be copied.